In the spirit of keeping you on your toes, or at least the balls of your feet, I’m pleased to present you with a quiz. As always, study the question, think, and click on your answer. If you’re right you’ll know it, and if you’re wrong you’ll see more Astana rap.
Thanks very much for reading, ride safe, and ride safely.
1) Recent studies have proven that:
- Cycling is healthy
- Cyclists are better people than non-cyclists
- People consider cyclists who wear helmets to be subhuman
- All of the above
2) What does the New York Times call people who wash cars in the street for money?
- “Van-based bespoke automotive detailers”
- “Guerilla car washers”
- “…unlikely urbanists [who] will never wave the chamois of surrender in their fight to reclaim the city’s curb space in the name of car cleanliness.”
3) How many Diminutive Frenchman Units (DFUs) does it take to crush a Mavic R-Sys spoke?
- One (1) DFU
- 1,000 DFUs
- 6.02×1023 DFUs
- No Frenchman has ever succeeded in crushing a Mavic R-Sys spoke; a DFU is merely the maximum force they can apply to one before either fainting or driving the spoke through their tender, moisturized hands
4) Motor scooters and throttle e-bikes are uniting New Yorkers because:
5) In order to meet its climate goals, the UCI will require riders to shower together during Grand Tours.
6) Does frame material inform the ride quality of a bicycle?
7) Unofficially, many people consider Peekskill to be New York City’s “Sixth Borough.”
***Special E-Bike-Themed Bonus Video!***
They may be reclaiming the streets from cars or whatever, but that’s gonna give me night terrors.